Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Channeling Dean Martin

Over the Memorial Day Holiday weekend, my Dad took my oldest child out-and-about one afternoon due to my youngest child being sick. While out, my Dad and my oldest child were stuck in a party supply store during one of our hit-or-miss torrential downpours that occured throughout the weekend. As they were browsing through the store, my oldest chose some plastic glasses and paper umbrellas he wanted my Dad to purchase for he and his brother. So, ever the obliging grandparent, my oldest arrives home that afternoon with a green and a blue plastic martini glass.

Upon their return, my youngest child takes his green plastic martini glass, sets it on top of his head, and begins singing, "It's my birthday! Where are my presents?" Then, he took two paper umbrellas and began twirling them next to his ears while singing the Timbaland feat. Justin Timberlake song, "Carry Out".

Lessons learned today: 1.) I have glimpsed the future of my youngest child at frat parties in college, and 2.) I need to turn the radio off more often while the kids and I are in the car together.

No comments:

Post a Comment