Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Out of the Mouths of my Babes

My kids are hilarious.  One has a dry wit about him and the other a natural funny bone that never stops.  Here are a few of their comments that caught me off-guard when said, and that I still laugh about now.

Both kids are singing, "Amen, Amen, Amen" like the choir at church sings during the benediction.  My youngest then pipes up with, "Aw, woman!  Aw, woman!  Aw, woman!"

I was putting my youngest to bed the other night when he told me I was hot.  He continued by saying, "You're not cute-hot, Mom.  You're I-need-to-warm-down kind of hot."  Thanks, kid...

I took the kids to a local chicken finger restaurant the other day.  As the cashier was calling out the numbers when orders were ready for pick-up, my youngest commented, "She's doing a great job with her counting!"

On the way to school the other morning, my youngest placed his arms inside his shirt and said, "Look!  I don't have hands...that means I don't have to play baseball tonight!"  My oldest looks over at my youngest, and without skipping a beat said, "Um, yeah.  So, we're not buying it.  They're in your shirt..."

Before school one morning, my youngest came into the room and gave me a hug.  While hugging me he said, "I'm not going to say good morning , because my hug and my heart are telling you that already."  Then, as I scooped him up into my arms, he said, "Ugh!  How did I get myself into this?!"

Youngest child made me a card and a bookmark for Mother's Day at school this year.  I told him, "I can't wait to put this in my book!  I'll go do that now."  He replied, "Well, this is going in my book."  When I told him that I thought he'd made the bookmark for me, he said, "Well, if you'd wanted a bookmark, you should have made one..."

No comments:

Post a Comment