Friday, December 24, 2010

All Of Me...

“The holidays , she believed were no time to exercise restraint.”

Ann Taintor (http://www.annetaintor.com/) happens to be one of my favorite sources to quote.  Her product lines pair vintage designs with sassy, sarcastic, and witty quotes that have some bite to them.  My kind of humor!  I'm sure, were we to meet, we'd hit it off fantastically, as I laugh at almost every design she has created.  But what Ann Taintor has done is create an outlet for my ever boisterous, constantly biting humor to transcend into quotes on my Facebook statuses many days.  I may not necessarily be able to exactly identify with the quote posted per se, but if the quote makes me smile, it has served its purpose.

That's the thing about me.  I'm 100% 'all in' when it comes to friends, family, and relationships.  There's no other way to be, is there?!  Well, apparently, there is - a more reserved, bland way that appeals to some.  I don't understand.  I just don't understand.  Why in the world would anyone want to be bland when we're meant to 'live life out loud'?  Life is short; the list of good, true friends even shorter; and the opportunity to meet that one, real, 'soulmate' to spend the rest of this life with slim to none in the chance department.  So, why would anyone want to live life blandly and with restraint, I ask you.

I've come to realize that I may be too much for some folks to handle.  I am loving, caring, compassionate, loyal, true, trustworthy, honest, and will do whatever I have to do for those I hold dear.  In essence, I do not exercise restraint when caring for those I hold near to my heart.  Is that a bad thing?  I don't think so.  However, it must from past experience, give some the nervous twitch as they just don't know what to do with me once they've gotten me on board.

Here's how I see the world in three simple steps: Love Fully, Live Lively, and Give Greatly. 

Love Fully - I have a wonderful support structure in my family.  I also have been blessed with fabulous children.  What else do I have?  The most fantastic, true, loyal friends a gal can ask for; so much so that we would do anything for one another.  And that's the way it should be, mind you.  If we're not willing to give our all for one another in this world, then we're just not living life as it was intended.

Live Lively - Live life as if it's the best (and maybe last) day you've been blessed with!  Look at your children and 'see' them.  Truly see them with your eyes - not glancing around as they speak to you.  Look them in the eyes!  Listen to them!  And 'be' with them.  The same holds true when with family and close friends.  We are only blessed with a small sampling of those type friends that if we had the opportunity to choose would be our 'flesh and blood' family.  Those are the people that hold you up when you think you can no longer stand on bad days; listen to and love you no matter the warts or idiosyncrasies that make up 'you'; and are only a phone call/email/text/or FB message away when you need someone the most.  100% folks; give them 100%!

Give Greatly - whoever said that money can't buy you happiness was absolutely correct.  Because true happiness lies in thinking of others, giving to them, and giving unconditionally.  It doesn't matter if you have $1 or $1,000,000.  If you give unconditionally to those that mean the most to you, you will be a rich person.  Love is the qualifier in this instance.  Love is that emotion that whether it be family love, friend love, or 'lover' love is the high that makes you happy, makes you live life fully, and makes you want to give back just as greatly to others.

So, if you are a part of the 'menagerie' (thank you, new found Sis for this term) that is 'Amy's family-with-or-without-blood-relation', count yourself as one who will receive 100% from me regardless of the time of day, the time of year, or the factors of life that are being thrown our way.  You will always have me - ALL OF ME - and for that, I am grateful, because in doing things for you, in being there for you, or in you allowing me to do for you; you make my life burst at the seams with happiness, contentment, and peace.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and let's welcome the New Year as another chance to begin again and make things fantastic, wonderful, and immensely happy for others!

No comments:

Post a Comment