Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Better Than Any Medicine

Laughter.  When it's good, it's very good.  When it's very good, we all feel wonderful.  That's how I felt today after lunch with some co-workers.  We laughed from the time we got into the car, throughout our lunch together, and all the way back into the office building.  So much so, that another co-worker commented on the way into the building from the parking lot, "I want to be on the next invite list for this group's lunch!" 

Yeah, we laughed so hard today that tears came to my eyes.  My stomach feels as if I just performed a workout, and I'm wheezing from having laughed for so long.  Above it all though, I feel happy.  Really happy.  There's a calm about me now, and I'm content.  Laughter truly is better than any medicine a doctor can prescribe.  I'm so glad I have co-workers that provide this outlet.  It makes the rest of the day fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment